Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why the new blog?

I decided to start a new blog. Since I can't even seem to keep my first blog updated successfully, I began to wonder why I was doing this... I created my first blog to keep friends and family updated with general information about our family. But I wasn't giving myself much room for a journalistic outlet, so that is my goal with this blog. Since the largest block of my time is spent being a wife and mother, I have titled my blog "Counting Others," based upon Philippians 2:3. I would love to say that I don't struggle with this verse or that it's easy for me to count my family more significant than myself. That's just not the case. This blog is in part a reflection of what the Bible teaches about being a wife and mother but also a challenge (mostly for myself but hopefully to other women as well) to actually live that way. So even as I sit pretending to be more holy by blogging about Godly motherhood, my children are whining, reminding me to leave the computer and go Count the Others that God has given me...

No comments:

Post a Comment